Here's a special blue DIY envelope clutch so the bride can wear.. something old, something new, something borrowed and SOMETHING BLUE. Since my dear friend is tying the knot today I wanted to make a special blue python envelope to go with this pretty Papyrus wedding card for her special day.
Here's how to make one yourself:
- Make an envelope pattern with size preferred
- Cut leather/material from pattern (also cut material for lining if wanted)
- Use reinforcement if you want a structured shape
- Personalize clutch – I finally used the font embroidery function on my Brother sewing machine to spell the bride & groom names on the triangle banner. You can also use fabric paint if you don't have a sewing machine that does this. Spelling 'Just Married' could also be super cute.
5. Add pin snaps for closure
6. Use a leather bonding glue to adhere the python, reinforcement and leather lining
7. Fold envelope and sew the edges and there is your envelope clutch!